Sonntag, 28. Juni 2009

World Cup in Oslo

After 2 weeks without any running I started with 20' on monday earlier this week. No pain - which was nice. So I continued to increase the work load every day a little bit. On wednesday I ran the model event and managed already 1h orienteering without problems. Let's say - the leg was ok but the orienteering was far from that ;) My feeling for distance and direction were gone and I struggled with several controls.. nice training!
Thursday the Model Event got already better - still no problems with the leg. I tried to run some controls fast which worked out quite well, but I never felt fast, rather tough in both my legs and brain.
Friday: Middle Distance. It was my first orienteering race in weeks. The timing wasn't perfect neither was the selfconfidence. I stopped several times short before the control finding out that I actually was right, nevertheless the time losses were huge even without big mistakes. I ended up on 60th place (of 94) 9:50 down on Carl - who made an amazing race! Respect.
Saturday: Long Distance. I had mixed feelings before the race. What should I do? Run? If yes - the whole course? Full? Take it easy? Next friday I'll start the next Adventure Race (Explore Sweden Monster - ESM) what if my leg starts hurting again? Will I recover from a hard race within 6 days and does it actually make sens to run when the shape is bad and WC points seem out of sight?
I ran all. I got eager during the day and thought if the leg starts to hurt than it's nice to get to know now because the chance that i comes back during ESM would than be very high (I can't rule that out anyway). The race was nice - I enjoyed it. 29 degrees, 14.5k. Several times the group I ran with made small mistakes in into the controls - I didn't join their extra loops and thereby I gained some places which was nice. One control (to 13th) I again had the feeling that they were wrong and followed my own plans - and missed the control. I got tricked by an "open" white nose - so 3min were gone... the remaining 7k I ran mostly alone. Physically I felt good ( in respect that it wasn't so fast ;) until the end. I just got several blisters on my feet - but nothing serious. Finally i ended on the 64th place. Whatever.

Now it's time to reload and prepare the final things before ESM. There we'll race over 1069k - expected time for the winners is estimated with 4d 5h... let's see



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen