Samstag, 13. Juni 2009

Media echo after Tieto Enator Adventure Race



>Per Christian, me, Vigleik and Lina<

My first adventure race together with Team Merrell Haglöfs Multimania at the Tieto Enator, also called Open Nordic Adventure Racing Champs turned out to be a really nice success. Both for me personally and our team.
>perfectly organized just an hour before the start <
My personal goals were to survive the race. I was very curious about who my body would handle this challenge. I was in charge to navigate all the way which was a nice duty with much responsibility. During the first kayak stage I had to select the route choice over up to 15k of open water which I've never down before.
> never padled that long or far before in my life<
Considering wind and waves has never happened in the forest so far :-) it worked out well. I struggled more with the partly poor map quality due to missing essential information which resulted in two mistakes up to 15min time loss (not that much compared to 52h competition time though).
>Our TA - Transition Area - really cool!! - me last, as usual ;)
The race itself was really cool, we faced lots of different challenges starting actually already the days before the race coz of missing or late arriving equipment and has still not ended - like the tendinitis in my shank. Down under u'll find a selection of some pictures - there are more to see on my web album.

>Linda and Vigleik try to get up<
We received lots of media attention after the race, which was really nice! I added some of the links below:


>down the waterfall or carrying the damn heavy boats one 1k?<

>Tired? I recommend a cliff jump at sunrise - that opens your eyes!<

>27000kcal later...<

If you want to see more pictures:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen