Samstag, 13. Juni 2009

Unwanted break...

Instead of getting nervous before Jukola's first leg I'm sitting at home. The reason lies in a tendinitis down in my shank which I carried away from the first Adventure Race in Sweden. My body actually felt really well after the 52hours race, but that wasn't the whole truth. Carbohydrates and proteins can be refilled quite fast whereas tendons need some more time to recover after such great efforts. I started to train too early so the tendinitis got worse and stayed even longer.
After several days without running I headed already off to the airport but just minutes before I got on the train to the airport I cancelled my starts at the NOC and Jukola. Ellen Moen (medical doctor) and Siri Hagman (physiotherapist) confirmed my presumption and advised me to
rather take a break straight away instead of extending and enhance the risk for a long lasting tendinitis.
mmmh.
BUT - there are lots of positive sides as well! I get healthy, can do other stuff, relax mentally and physically, get organized before we move, etc. A couple of days ago I used the time and went white water kayaking for the first time. It was fun! White water kayaking is part of Explore Sweden's adventure race, so I'd have to practize it anyway.
By the way, I survived without further injuries ;-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. gute besserung und gratulation zum 2.platz.
    lg aus oschttirol, michi

    AntwortenLöschen